Who’s Who

The Blogger

My name is Presley and I am a 20-something certified personal trainer, digital engagement specialist, wife, and mom.

Shout out to awkward solo poses.

Running: I started running a few years ago after I noticed I couldn’t walk up a flight of stairs without wheezing like a 95-year-old habitual smoker. (And the fact that my belly looked like a baby kangaroo should be living in it. Big time pouch action.) My first reaction to running? This sucks, I quit. After I could run more than 10 steps at a time, I realized that running was fun. I’m by no means fast and I typically trip over every little thing that has the misfortune of coming into my path… but I still have a blast.

Sometimes I run to relax, sometimes to push myself, sometimes out of boredom… but always for my health. I view staying active as an investment in my future. Ah, I feel like such a grown-up. Now, if someone could just teach me how to plan for my future financially.

Food Philosophy: After several botched attempts at becoming “healthy” by eating less, I finally figured out that I needed to eat right. 80 percent of the time I eat things that look really good, taste really good, and are really good for me. The other 20 percent is reserved for cake, specifically the icing. To read more about my take on healthy living blogging, eating, and other randomness: read this post.

The strawberries make it healthy, right?


The Husband

Well hey there, good lookin’!

My husband, Ryne, is without a doubt the reason I am still somewhat sane. He keeps me grounded and helps me overcome all of my daily freak outs. He is also the one who introduced me to all things fitness and is now the reason I look at my stomach and wonder why I’m not a ripped-up freak, too.

I love baseball. Well, baseball pants.

Ryne has been active in sports for as long as he can remember. He played basketball, baseball, and football until he graduated high school. He was drafted by the Reds out of high school but chose to play college ball instead… which happens to be how we met. I think he made the right choice.


The Baby

Maddux was born in 2012. He was 9 pounds, 1 ounce and 22 1/8 inches of perfection. He is the best and most awesome thing I’ve made in my life.

So perfect. Back off, ladies.


  1. Melissa says

    I LOVE your blog! I also had a 9lb 1 oz boy in February this year. I ran throughout my pregnancy and have started back. I love to read about your progress and your postpartum body updates! It helps me stay grounded and remember only Hollywood and elite athletes immediately return to their prepregnancy body! Maddux is adorable, by the way!

  2. Ashley says

    Presley, I had no idea that you had such a fabulous blog! I’m a wannabe blogger, but more of a blog stalker. Keep up the great work!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

CommentLuv badge