Almost Back to Normal, but Normal is Boring

This weekend was all about getting back to normal. We all feel better, we’re working on putting the Christmas things away, and we’re getting back on track with our workouts. Another sure fire way to know I’m myself again is that I cannot do anything right.

fail

I waited all day to run on Saturday, because I wanted to do it after Maddux went to bed. It was dark and rainy and I’m a wuss, so I didn’t want to go outside. I decided I wanted to go to the gym to force myself to run 13 miles. Seriously, if I go into the cardio cinema room I’m able to zone out for days. Anyway, the gym was closed. What a kick in the pants. I hopped back into the car, probably cursing at myself, and fled the scene of my stupidity. I decided that watching Pineapple Express would cheer me up while I ran at home. Negative, ghost rider. It was a Blu-ray and the dinosaur on the shelf wasn’t having it. I ended up only running three of the 13 miles and completing a quick kettlebell workout. Sort of the same thing as 13 miles, because it included the number 3.

run and kettlebell

Then I made Ryne take a picture to see how my tattoo was healing. Still a little rough around the edges, but she’s aging well. I’m not sure why it’s a she. Let’s just go with it. Maddux hasn’t seen it yet, but I’m sure it will be properly embarrassing for him once he’s around the age of 13. PS: I got it on my upper left ribs because that’s where he liked to stick his toes before he so graciously entered the world.

healing

After that, we celebrated me reaching my step goal with margaritas. I’m not sure that’s how it’s supposed to work, but that’s our take. By the way, how snobby is that glass? Pshhh.

goalSunday morning French Toast of course. Nothing screams back to normal like cinnamon, sugar, and syrup.

french toastI promise I ate vegetables, too. I love ranch dip so much it hurts. Not dressing. I hate ranch dressing. I want to make that distinction in case you are ever grocery shopping for me.

veggies

Today I went to the cardio cinema room. Redeeeeemption! Just kidding. I showed up 30 minutes before the gym opened up and had to go buy hangers and storage bins next door. But then I finally got to run. I made it 10 miles before leaving to hose myself off. I forget how hot I get in there. I think budget cuts had them merge it with the sauna or something.

cardio cinemaSo, yeah. A totally normal weekend for us. It was nice, but it was also pretty uneventful. Normal is boring. Even Maddux agrees. To stave off the signs of average in his life, he pretends he’s a pirate and occasionally drinks his own bath water. Those two things are unrelated, they just happened to occur at the same time. Stay weird, kid. Stay weird. ;)

piratesWow. That was a really long post about nothing in particular. If you made it this far, congratulations. I feel like I owe you a coffee or something. I better go finish taking the tree down now. I thought about leaving it up all year. It would almost be worth it to be those people, ya know?

Question: Do anything stupid this weekend? If not, make something up so I’ll feel better about myself.

Comments

Maddux is used to the one on my foot, but he is still shocked everytime he sees the one on my back. He hasn’t seen his name yet! hahah he’s going to hate me when he’s a teenager.

I think the only way I could run 10 miles on the treadmill if there was a big screen in front of me. Those little TVs on my gym’s treadmills give me a headache! Way to get in those miles :)

Cute idea for a tattoo!! It’s going to be sooooo awesome when Maddux is 16 and has all of his friends over and you’re making them cookies or something in your bikini. Lol.
    Michelle recently posted..Merry Christmas!! {2013}My Profile

Cute tattoo! I agree with you that 3 miles and 13 miles are the same thing because they both have a 3 lol. It’s a tough thing to do high mileage on the dreadmill, but sometimes in the winter/dark it’s totally worth it!
    Heidi @ Idlehide recently posted..Maternity PhotosMy Profile

I’m SO glad you agree with my reasoning, haha. In the summer, I hate treadmills. In the winter, we become best friends. And I don’t even live anywhere with that extreme of weather. I’m a wuss.

Movies help soooo much. I can’t go over 3 without watching something! Even music isn’t that much of a distraction, ha.

Stupid things are a normal thing for me, so don’t even worry about it. ;) I’ve learned to just laugh at myself and move on.

I’m diggin the tattoo! Did it hurt?! My brother has one on his rib cage, and he said it was fairly painful. I’m too much of a wuss to ever get a tattoo. Plus, I’m totally scared of what it’ll look like in 40 years.
    Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Hunter: 9 MonthsMy Profile

It wasn’t too bad, but I think that’s because it’s so small and thin. I could never do a really big piece there. OUCH. All of my tattoos are totally hidden, so when I’m old and grey no one will see them. Thank goodness.

How did you get a tat on your ribs. It’s honestly one of the places I would like to, but I feel like it would hurt more than contractions during labour. See how extreme I go? You do not want to hear some of the things that leave my mouth sometimes. Luckily, only about 50% of the time Tyler is actually listening to what I have to say.
    char eats greens recently posted..my run was a rain dance + some random factsMy Profile

HA. It wasn’t that bad! The only time it hurt was when it finally wrapped around right in front on one of my ribs. I never cried or screamed or anything, so that’s a success in my book.

Husbands never listen, do they? ;)

Something stupid I’ve been doing is sleeping half of my day away until 11:30am almost every day except Saturday when my whole family dragged ourselves to a 6 hour defensive driving course. It was for insurance benefits…and safety refreshers I guess……. It’s not even that I don’t love the sleep, but I’m going to bed late anyway, so it’s the same amount of sleep I would get if I went to bed earlier. Now I’m just setting myself up for a painful morning this Thursday when I go back to school.
    Nice tattoo!! I love how it has so much meaning on your left rib.
    Hooray for 10 miles! And French toast!
    Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves recently posted..TRX Arms and Core WorkoutMy Profile

I love sleep!! Getting back into a schedule is like dumping ice water over your head. Or something like that, ha I’m so bad with explaining myself.

Thanks, Nikki! It always feels like it takes soooooo long to be yourself again after you’re sick.

Hope wedding planning is going well!