Disclosure: The following post is sponsored by Fitfluential LLC on behalf of Verizon Wireless. All opinions are my own.
I usually work out when Maddux naps. This weekend, that did not happen. I mean, he napped. I just didn’t work out. What do I do when I’m sick and can’t move?
1.) Organize random rooms and closets. Too bad I am in such a fog that I will never remember where I put anything.
2.) Eat every five minutes even though I have no appetite. Does this phenomenon happen to anyone else?
2.) Play on my phone. A lot. Facebook stalking, Tweeting my every thought, Googling symptoms, and browsing Bloglovin? I’m in.
So, about my phone. Some of you all might remember when I mentioned that Ryne was getting my old phone because I was upgrading to an iPhone 5s. Verizon was kind enough to send me one in order to review it and their 4G LTE Network. I’m actually still in shock that I was chosen to participate at all. Guess I really am on a lucky streak. Well, besides getting sick and stuff. But whatever. You get the point.
The iPhone 5s is pretty amazing, and it makes me feel like I have magic thumbs. One of the features that makes me all giddy inside is the ability to unlock my phone with my fingerprints. It’s basically the most James Bond-like thing I’ve ever done in my life. And I get to do it every time I use my phone. You can also purchase apps with the same technology. The Touch ID is not the only thing I like about the phone or anything, but I’m not going to lie and pretend I didn’t geek out over that ability.
- Touch ID, because you can pretend you have robot hands. And that’s awesome.
- It’s pretty, thin, and shiny. I mean, really, that’s what matters.
- Hardware is high quality and strong, which is good for me because I ruin things easily.
- Huge, huge, huge variety of apps. I’m addicted to apps.
- Better camera: two tone flash, five-element lens, larger sensor, and f/2.2 aperture.
- iMessaging between iPhones. That’s free if you’re on WiFi, y’all.
- Advanced processor makes it crazy fast. Verizon 4G LTE network makes it even better.
- Control center: swipe up from any screen to access multiple setting options.
- Close apps with a simple swipe. Save that battery life!
- Ability to organize apps. And yes, the Starbucks app is in my “Productivity” folder.
- Facetime, iTunes Radio, and a bout a million other things I can’t think of right now.
- Very few ways to customize the “look” of screens, apps, etc.
- Web browsing isn’t as intuitive as it could be. Might just be me, though.
- Battery life could use some work, but it’s not terrible.
Quite a few more pros than cons, right? The one thing my iPhone doesn’t have yet, is Verizon’s new ISIS Mobile Wallet App. It’s available for Android phones already, and the iPhone version will be out soon. I can’t wait. The app holds “virtual versions” of the same things your regular ol’ real-life wallet does. You can load your credit card information, loyalty cards from participating merchants, and other offers/deals/promotions that you use on a regular basis. When you are ready to use your cards, you just tap your phone to pay at any ISIS-Ready merchant (over 20,000 locations nationwide). I already use an app similar to this to buy my coffees, so I’d love to be able to do that with all of my purchases in the future.
If you’re like me and you’re concerned with the safety aspect of the app, have no fear. It’s PIN protected, so no one can use the app without your 4 digit PIN. You can also lock it remotely using My Verizon if your phone were to ever go missing. In addition to that, Verizon will never share your purchasing history with anyone. What you buy is your business, y’all.
To make the app even sweeter, ISIS has partnered with American Express to bring you more through Swerve. It’s a totally optional aspect of the app, but one that I would take into serious consideration. American Express Swerve lets you add money to your account, send and receive money, and pay bills all from the wallet. There are no monthly fees, it’s safe and reliable, and there are plenty of incentives. Sign up now and your account will automatically be credited $10. Hello, free money. In addition to that, any purchases you make using Swerve from now until January 31st will get you 20% back (up to $200). That is HUGE, my friends.
I will definitely be downloading the app when it becomes available to me. There are times that the only thing I have on me is my phone, so it would be great to be able to do more with it, ya know?
There will be a Twitter chat hosted by FitFluential and Verizon tonight (November 18, 2013) at 9:00 PM EST on the hashtag #VZWFF. They’ll be giving away a Samsung Note 3 and a Samsung Galaxy S4.Yes, GIVING THEM AWAY. You’d be silly not to take part.