Whoa. I can’t believe I used to write on a daily basis. This is the first time I’ve logged in here in a while now. And, honestly, I don’t have all that much to discuss. Let’s just stick with some highlights from this week.
- Last night was Hudson’s first time sleeping through the night in the crib. He made it from 10 pm to 5 am. While I know the first rule of good baby sleep is to not discuss good baby sleep, I’m just going to go ahead and admit that I’m calling it a miracle and not expecting it to happen again. Low expectations, y’all. That’s my parenting style in a nutshell.
- Maddux’s met his new teachers for the first time today. He was so excited to meet them after getting a letter in the mail from them yesterday. You guys. I didn’t realize how much that means to kids. Teachers, keep sending letters. Anyway, I truly cannot believe he starts 4K next week. I know that’s such a cliche thing to say, but it’s so true. He was just a tiny little, slobbery baby. How did this happen?
- A first for me? Postpartum hill training. I have to admit, though, I almost gave up. I went into the run saying, “I eat hills for breakfast”. I finished saying, “I choked those hills down and almost puked them back up.” It was bad. Real bad. That said, I did survive and I my runs since then have been better than usual. Worth it.
- I mentioned us ordering a new couch the other day, and that still isn’t in yet. Never in a million years would someone have convinced me that I would be this excited over a place to sit. To make our new sofa more at home, we got fresh paint on the walls yesterday. We got ballsy and did a teal accent wall in the living room and green for the dining room. I swear the house looks so much happier. Beige everything was killing me.
- While taking pictures off of the walls, I noticed that we haven’t taken a single good family photo since Hudson was born. We need to get on that. Anyone have any cute family photoshoot ideas? I need help with fancy-schmancy stuff like that. I did, however, just update my Instagram and Twitter profile pictures for the first time in, like, two years. I used a selfie that I took in the closet this week. Fancy with a capital F.
How about y’all – any ‘firsts’ lately? Shout out to any babies finally making it through the night this week. Y’all are the real MVPs.