|September 19, 2014||Posted by Presley under Life, Vacation|
Happy Friday! We’re seriously having a blast in Orlando right now. This morning we headed into Blizzard beach after breakfast.
I was initially a little bummed about the weather until I realized that the overcast skies were the best thing that could have ever happened. It wasn’t scorching hot and the clouds seemed to scare other people off. It was honestly like we had the whole place to ourselves for a while. I’m sure I’ll be slowly rolling pictures out to Instagram and Twitter, so if you want to see some awkward family photos just head that way. There’s nothing I love more than forcing my child to sit still for a million random photo opps.
And, since it’s Friday, it’s time to talk about some other random things I’ve been loving. I’ll go ahead and admit that most of what I’m mentioning today is edible. Vacation makes me hungry.
I didn’t eat this necklace, but it did happen to be cheaper than a fast food meal. I snagged this “gold” initial necklace from Jane.com the other day. It was 3 bucks. Yes, it totally looks like it cost that little but I’ve been wearing it to work since I don’t like to wear nice things around four-year-olds anyway. It works out.
I mentioned this beer bread the other day, and I have to admit that I ate it for breakfast smothered with butter every day this week. If that’s not healthy, I don’t know what is. I assumed since it was wheat bread that it would be a little dry but I was so freaking wrong. It’s amazing and you need it in your life as soon as possible.
Cotton Candy Grapes
I really don’t think I need to explain this one. Fruit that tastes like cotton candy? I think they’re overpriced, but they are worth a splurge once in a while. If you can get your hands on some, you probably should.
Oh, look at that. Another sweet fruit on the list. This simple baked pear recipe hit the spot the other day. It’s not necessary healthy, but it is lighter than pie. So there’s that.
Crest 3D Whitestrips
Until I start taking my coffee through an IV, I’m going to need to keep whitening my teeth every once in a while. This is the first time I’ve tried the Classic Vivid strips. I like that it’s thirty minutes once a day. I can handle that. Who knows if my teeth are actually whiter, but at least I’m trying here.
I just want to say that, yes, I’m basic for this. Flowers this time of year are just so pretty. I love that mums are indestructible and cheap, too. Yay, fall! I also like lattes, leggings, boots, and scarves, which makes me just another predictable twenty-something female. Might as well own it, I guess.
Levi’s Mid-Rise Skinny
I was sent these Levi’s Mid-Rise Skinny Jeans from Women’s Health Magazine recently and it was perfect timing. Have I mentioned that fall is on the way? I’ll need all the skinnies I can get my hands on in order to not have to shove my regular jeans into boots. It’s the little things people. PS: These jeans don’t get all saggy during the day, which is a huge plus. They actually keep their shape, which is hard to find in such affordable jeans. I feel like I’ve said “YOU NEED THIS” twenty times already in this post, but you should at least go try a pair on at the store. Trust me.
Now I have to go get cleaned up because we’re heading into Epcot this afternoon. Apparently there’s some wine and food thing going on right now, but that has nothing to do with our plans. Kidding. It’s all about the wining and dining tonight. Hope y’all have a great weekend!
Disclosure: Some Friday Favorite posts may also contain affiliate links. I seriously appreciate any and all support for Run Pretty!
|September 18, 2014||Posted by Presley under Fitness, Life|
The following post is sponsored by FitFluential LLC on behalf of PUMA.
Happy Thursday! We’re currently making our way down to Daytona as I type this up. I figured I might as well do something semi-productive instead of annoying my family like I have been so far. Apparently, people don’t like it when you sing Disney a capella for hours at a time. Haters. Time for some Thursday thoughts!
2. We’ve already watched Frozen twice: once last night and once today. At this point, I feel like I could put on a one-woman Frozen show. I know the whole daggum thing. I bet most of you other parents are in the same boat. I’d say that I’m annoyed, but at least I have an entertained toddler. Totally worth it.
3. Speaking of my toddler, I’m a little scared to go on a two-family trip. I mean, no one wants to have the “bad kid” out of the group. Obviously, it would be awesome if they all behaved but c’mon. Someone’s going to act up and I don’t want to be the one saying “He’s neverrrrr like this, I swear!” over and over again all weekend. And does this look like the face of a kid who’s going to be on his Ps and Qs? I think not.
4. For some reason, I actually really want to get in some good runs on this trip. Normally I say that and then do almost nothing. This time, though, I really mean it. I have that whole Hat Trick thing coming up and I really don’t want to have to be scraped off of the street when my legs stop working after the 10k. For real. Having said that, I only ran a mile this morning. Yep. A single mile. I am so screwed.
5. Another reason I’m excited to work out is NEW GEAR. I was lucky enough to be able to try out two PUMA looks, one from their performance line and one from their fashion comfort line. I like them both so much that I couldn’t even choose between the two if I had to do it. Real talk.
First up was the fashion comfort look, which is easily my new favorite lounging around or running errands outfit.
- Gym Loose Tank Top: Fair warning, this top is pretty see-through. That being said, I think it hides enough flaws to be totally wearable. Just wanted to be honest. The loose fit makes it absolutely for layering, though, so you can add a pop of color under it if you wanted more coverage. The wicking finish makes sure your sweat doesn’t stay on your skin, so that’s pretty awesome. While this tank is paired with sweatpants for this outfit, it would also work perfectly for even your toughest, sweatiest workout. Promise.
- Studio Capsule Pants: Y’all, I thought I was going to hate these with a fiery passion. Then I put them on. Now, I dare someone to try to take them from me. They are crazy comfortable, which means I’m obsessed and will for sure buy another pair in the future. These are also made with dryCELL technology, so they’ll wick away sweat if you wear them before, after, or during your workout.
- Narita V2 Shoes: These shoes are fashionable and fast. I love that I can wear them around town and then head out on a sprint interval run right when I get home. They are lightweight and breathable, yet provide enough cushion to support my tired, achy feet running around all day. Can’t beat that.
The next look is all about performance, but it’s still fashionably and comfortable if I do say so myself. Excuse my nerdy posing, y’all.
- Gym Tank 3: While this tank is pretty fitted, it’s also very flattering and smoothing. It’s thick enough to even out all my lumps and bumps, you know? I wore it while running all over the park and it didn’t ride up or make me feel self-conscious like some super fitted tanks do. It’s make with LYCRA® SPORT yarn, which provides recovery power, fit, and freedom of movement. It has mesh inserts to keep you cool and a built in bra to keep you from sagging. What? Truth.
- Gym ¾ Tight: This is my first pair of patterned running capris and I doubt it will be my last. I always thought black = slimming, but I’m digging the extra excitement that comes along with a good print. They felt thick enough to hold me in at all the right points yet thin enough to keep me cool during a workout. The only thing I’ll say about PUMA tights, is that I tend to have to go a size down if I want them really tight, so I try to keep that in mind when ordering them.
- Mobium XT: I’ve tried a different pair of Mobium shoes in the past, and I have similar thoughts on this pair: I like them a lot, but they do take some getting used to when you run in them. They kind of have a “bump” in them that cradles your arch like a baby. That’s a weird way to explain it, but you get my point. Once you get used to it, they are awesome. They are also very fitted, which I like when I’m trying to run “fast”. They have great grip, are pretty adjustable thanks to the Mobium bands, and they’re really freaking pretty. That’s always a plus.
Sorry for all the awkward back shots, but the backs of the tanks are the best parts! Of all of the stuff I’ve tried, my favorites are the performance tank, the capsule pants, and the Narita shoes. I highly recommend each of those.
Right now we’re settling into the hotel trying to figure out what to grab for dinner. Eating out three times in one day is pretty amazing, y’all. I mean, no dishes! I could get used to this.
Question: what is your go to pair of sweatpants? I clearly ask the tough questions around here.
|September 16, 2014||Posted by Presley under DIY, Giveaway, Life|
The following post is sponsored by SheSpeaks on behalf of Febreze.
Is it just me, or does it seem like fall is finally approaching. I mean, it will literally change seasons next week but that doesn’t always mean it feels like anything has changed where I live. This year, though, I’m definitely ready for the switch.
I’m over here patiently waiting on cooler weather, warmer drinks, and all of the amazing smells. Let’s be real, does any season have better smells than the spices, vanilla, and pumpkin of the fall. Nope. They’re clearly the best. I’m the girl that slathers on vanilla lotion in the summer and then runs from the yellow jackets all day. In the fall, vanilla just makes more sense. At the first sign of the new season, I bust out all the fall-scented candles, sprays, and potpourri I can get my hands on. It gets wild up in here. This year, I have something a little simpler to help me out.
We’ll be pluggin’ in our scents at our house this year thanks to Febreze. They recently scent me a package designed to showcase their Home Harvest Collection.
I am a sucker for cute packaging and this blew me away. How freaking cute is this? After I took out all the supplies, I went looking for the box. My two-year-old has claimed it as his and it currently resides in his room.
I’m glad I got to his new toy before he did, though, because I managed to get all the “grown up” stuff out first. It came with plug-ins for my car and home in some seriously amazing scents: Toasted Almond, Sugared Cranberry, Spiced Pear, Vanilla Latte and Autumn Harvest. Basically, I wanted to eat them all.
Luckily for me, Febreze included some fall-inspired activity and recipe cards, so I could make something that smelled really good and was actually edible. I went with baked pears and ice cream. They were absolutely perfect, y’all.
- 3 pears
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1/3 cup pear juice
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- vanilla ice cream
- roasted pecans
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel and core pears, and cut in half. Arrange in an oven dish. Sprinkle lemon juice over them to keep them from browning.
- In a small saucepan, combine pear juice, brown sugar, and cinnamon over medium to high heat.
- Once sugar has dissolved, pour some of the sauce over the pears, then put them in the oven. Periodically spoon more sauce on top of the pears. Cook for about 30 minutes.
- Place your roasted pears on a plate, and sprinkle pecans on top. Serve with one or two scoops of ice cream. Enjoy!
Pretty simple huh? Febreze wants to make sure that y’all get a chance to try out their great ideas and products as well. One lucky reader will win a $15 Walmart gift card to purchase a few fall-inspired items of their own. I’ll throw in the cute little idea box!
The giveaway is open to US residents. The giveaway will end 9/23 and a winner will be announced shortly after! Enter via the Rafflecopter below.
In the meantime, you can connect with Febreze on their website, on Facebook, or on Twitter. Well, I better go! We’re busy packing for our Disney trip tonight. To say that I’m excited is an understatement for sure. See y’all soon!
|September 15, 2014||Posted by Presley under Fitness, Life, Running|
And here we are at the beginning of another work week. Whoever created the ratio of work:weekend days wasn’t a very nice person.
Today really wasn’t all that bad, but it just seems to get harder and harder to get back into the swing of things after a fun weekend. This weekend was especially nice because it seemed like fall was finally on the way in. Sure, the weather actually kind of sucked since it rained off and on the entire time. But it was also cooler than usual. I’ll take it. Remind me of that in a month or two when I’m ready for it to be summer again, okay?
Per usual, I don’t have a lot of brain power to type a post up today. How about we do this “sentence per picture” style? Works for me.
Family selfie, because we like to party.
The trifecta: Crocs, cut-off jorts, and a horrendous putting stance.
I’ll have some eggs with my cheese, please.
To look human after the gym, throw on sunglasses and use literally every blurry filter on your phone.
Yes, Kroger, your fall decor just convinced me to buy all the pumpkin food in the store.
I have found the answer to all of life’s problems.
Don’t even put the box away, because you’re going to eat more than one bowl.
Instagram poll: are you just supposed to drink the beer while your toddler plays with the flour?
I filmed a workout at the park and looked like an idiot the entire time, so it was business as usual around here.
Baked pears and ice cream, y’all.
Fail: I was supposed to run 6 miles outside but ran three on the treadmill.
Not too bad for a boring old weekend. I keep putting off my long runs, though. I am going to really, really regret that decision when I run the Hat Trick in October. Apparently I didn’t learn my lesson after last time. I encourage all of you to yell rude things at me on Twitter, so that this doesn’t happen again. The meaner, the better. I could use a little tough love right about now. Or you could try the cheesy motivational route. Either way, I’ll be forever grateful.
Have a great day today and I’ll see y’all tomorrow with a fun little giveaway!