I’m all about honesty on this blog. So here goes nothing.
I post my monthly postpartum updates each month, but they don’t show the whole picture. They don’t show that my weight fluctuates drastically each month between the weigh ins. They don’t show that I get upset about that fact. They don’t show how hard this has been for me.
Before I got pregnant, my weight held at a steady 120 pounds. For me, that is (or was) my natural weight. By natural, I mean what I weighed when I ate intuitively and worked out around 4-5 times a week. For my height and build, this is a good weight for me to strive to stay around. Oh, and I would gladly weigh more than that if the extra weight was from muscle. That is not the case right now.
It’s so much tougher now. I’m not saying this to complain. I’m healthy. That’s what truly matters. I know that. I’m saying this to preface the rest of this post. I still care what I look like and if I’m being honest, I probably always will.
While I am 1 pound from my pre-pregnancy weight, I am 6 pounds from my goal weight. I need a swift kick in the butt to get me motivated. I’m just so freaking down about my standstill progress from the past few months. Nothing is working. I know I need to clean up my diet. A lot. I need to stop snagging those extra nibbles of <insert junk food here> all day, every day. For the most part, I eat really well at my meals. It’s the in between that’s killing me. I’ve turned into a snacker. And not the grapes and cheese kind. I’m now the nachos and cheese kind. It’s a big time bummer.
I’ve decided to join FitFluential’s DietBet. It starts on March 12th. I really, really hope this gets me in gear.
The great thing about DietBet, is that you can potentially get paid to lose weight. Seriously. If that doesn’t motivate me to put down the Starburst Jelly Beans, I don’t know what will.
Here’s how it works (the video explains it better than I can!):
- Join the game.You’ll place a $25 dollar bet upon entering.
- Weigh in. Two days before the bet begins, you’ll submit proof of your starting weight. This is done through photos, but they will not be made public.
- Play. For 28 days, you’ll work on being the healthy, fit you that you’ve always known you should be. (Discuss the bet using the hashtag #ffdietbet.)
- Weigh out.You’ll have to submit proof if you’ve reached your goal of 4% weight loss, but the photos are not public.
- Win! Everyone who reaches their 4% weight loss goal splits the money in the pot equally.
Now that I’ve told you how I’m trying to motivate myself, I’ll explain how I hope to actually accomplish my goal.
- Drink more water. (<-enter the giveaway if you haven’t already!) I feel better when I’m fully hydrated. When I’m feeling “off”, I usually can’t remember the last glass of water I had.
- Cut snacks cold turkey. A few nuts or other small, healthy snacks aren’t what I’m talking about here. I’m cutting all the junk. No more candy, chips, etc. No more “just a bite” of anything, either.
- Schedule workouts. I need to make working out a priority. I haven’t done terribly in this department, but getting sick definitely derailed me. I’m going to schedule workouts just like any other appointment. I’m also going to plan my workouts beforehand.
- Rest, rest, rest. I’ve been putting sleep on the back burner. I need to pick a “bed time” and stick with it. I tend to stay up later than I should now that Maddux has a more predictable schedule.
- Hold myself accountable. Even though I share my stats each month, I generally always feel like I have a “legitamite” excuse for my lack of progress. What a crock. That won’t fly any longer. I think DietBet will help with this!
How have you accomplished a weightloss/fitness goal? Any tips? Would you join a DietBet to get you motivated?
FitFluential LLC compensated me for this Campaign. All opinions are my own.