1. I took today off. I was going to get some stuff done around the house, work on the blog, and do various other duties I’ve been neglecting lately. I ended up just playing with Maddux. Still a solid, productive day if I do say so myself. 😉
2. Taking the day off is so stressful as a teacher. I seriously sat in my classroom yesterday afternoon writing a script for the spelling test and almost minute by minute instructions for the day. Yes, I am that much of a control freak. Sometimes I wish I had the type of job where your work could just wait until you got back. Yeah, doesn’t work that way with a classroom of kids. Oh well. I also secretly hope they missed me. A lot.
3. I feel like an idiot for waiting so long to hop on the compression bandwagon. PRO Compression generously sent me two pairs to test out through FitFluential. These socks are like a little slice of heaven wrapped around your feet and shins. Plus, they are called PRO for a reason. I’m obviously a professional athlete and needed them the whole time. No, but really, you should get some. They are amazing! Use the code FIT40 for 40 percent off and free shipping. That’s a ridiculously good deal. These socks make me want to run. It doesn’t hurt that they’re pink.
4. Speaking of running, I have seven miles on the agenda for this weekend. Hopefully my friend Logan will join me. LOGAN, do you hear me?! By hopefully, I mean you have to. I said it on the internet, so it must be true.
5. Chia seeds are oddly satisfying in a drink. I thought the texture would throw me off, but I was blown away. I already told Ryne that he needs to order more bottles for me ASAP. I loved every single flavor. That is rare for me in the drink world. (For instance, I only like ONE flavor of Powerade. It’s White Cherry if you were wondering. Add that to your list of things you didn’t care to know.) Drink Chia is my newest obsession. I mean that 100%. If you would like to send me some for Christmas, I’ll gladly accept donations. Someone has to support this habit, okay?
6. Since I’m starting to pump and breastfeed a little less, I’m starting to incorporate more protein powder back into my life. I didn’t know how safe it was for breastfeedin’ mamas, so I stayed away for the most part. I missed it so daggum much. I’m testing various powders right now, because I want to find the perfect one. I used to drink just about any of them, but recently I’ve gotten a lot more picky about texture and flavor. I just tried the Collagen Sport Ultimate Recovery Complex for the first time. Neocell, the company who sent me the powder, makes a lot of claims about it. I’ll use it a little bit longer before I address them, but so far so good!
7. I’m thinking of asking Santa for a new coffee maker. Should I go with the Keurig Vue, the Tassimo, or something else? I really want to be able to make little cappuccinos, coffees, teas, and things like that. I need input, y’all! I’ve got to get my letter in to the big man as soon as possible, ya know?
8. I’m so lucky that my Memaw and PopPop are cooking for us again tonight. They made vegetable soup last night and I know she’s roasting some veggies for tonight. Love it. Grandparents never stop
trying to force you wanting you to eat. It’s awesome.
With that being said, I’m off to eat. Hope y’all have a great night. If I don’t check in again, I hope you have a great weekend, too!