Happy Friday! Still totally haven’t worked out. Still totally okay with that. It is what it is.
Ryne, Maddux, and I drove to North Carolina this morning. I feel like we’ve been constantly on the go lately, and I didn’t have a post planned for today. I’ve seen a million “Friday Favorites” and “What I’m Loving” posts in my reader lately, so I decided to basically steal that idea. Plus, I kind of had a lot of fun sharing my current favorite beauty products the other day. Might as well do the same thing, except with things that make traveling a little bit easier for me, right? (I included a few affiliate links, but I actually use all of this stuff on the reg. Do people still say on the reg? Break it to me gently if they don’t.)
And, yep, I’m that weird person that keeps everything right at my feet in the passenger seat.
Stuff That Makes Traveling Suck Less
1. A huge, all-purpose bag. I reviewed the Apera Performance Duffle bag the other day and I’m still obsessed with it. It’s definitely my new go-to travel bag. I can basically fit my life in all of the pockets, so it’s legit. Oh, and it’s pink. Need I say more?
2. Cheap, comfortable flats. I snagged these black flats at Target for 20 bucks. They are seriously the best traveling shoes, because they somehow find a way to be comfortable even though they’re thin enough to toss into any bag. Love them. I’m 99% sure I’ll be going back for the nude color now. [Edited to add: I have witch feet. If you struggle to find cheap flats that are narrow, you’ll like these.]
3. Miniature beauty products. The best part of packing for a trip is having an excuse to buy tiny versions of your favorite things, obviously. I found this lip stuff (honestly, what do you call it? colored Vaseline?) when I was buying tiny shampoos. It’s, like, the size of a quarter. Be still my heart.
4. Gallons of dry shampoo. Am I the only person who ends up looking like a complete grease-ball after riding in a plane or car? It sucks the life out of me, I swear. I know I’m late to the dry shampoo party, but I’m really glad I figured it out. There are a million different brands, but this one one works just fine for me.
5. Entertainment for days. I am in love with Spotify, and I think upgrading is totally worth it. We don’t have unlimited data on our phones, and I like being able to play my playlists offline. Today we were digging Disney. “Let it gooooo, let it gooooo!” Yup. I’m that mom.
Cracker Barrel! I feel like we eat at one on literally every single vacation. Side note: It is physically impossible to take a picture with a toddler in that place. So much stuff to look at and/or break in there. That was my “This isn’t going to work, is it?” face.
Question: Do you have a essential item you always take on vacation? A specific place you eat on the road? I swear my trips feel scripted sometimes…