**Disclosure: The following post is sponsored on behalf of Lorna Jane and Fit Approach.**
I’m happy to report that Maddux slept a little better last night. We still ended up having to sleep with him, but he wasn’t as wiggly as usual. We all actually got some sleep, which makes the morning that much easier, ya know? Hopefully it will also mean some good times on my miles later. Crossing my fingers, y’all. There are so many factors that go into a good run, but sleep is definitely key. Same thing with fitness. So many daggum pieces of the puzzle.
Speaking of fitness, I was recently chosen to be a part of a group of ladies working with FitApproach and Lorna Jane as a Holiday Fit List Blogger.
Exciting stuff, right? I was very lucky to be chosen! Basically, we’re supposed to share with our readers the ways we “stay fit” during the holidays. I wanted to come up with some insightful or meaningful tips, but then I remembered that I’m human. I eat desserts and I drink wine. I skip workouts and I slack off. The beautiful thing about fitness is that it’s not measured by small things like that. It’s your overall health, attitude, and motivation that counts. One or two (or three or four…) “off” days are not the end of the world. Having said that, I want to also stress that I still do try to make smart decisions during the holidays and throughout the year.
1. Wear something that makes you feel good, and you’ll be more likely to get off the couch. You’ll want to get up and get moving, and you’ll appreciate the compliments you receive along the way. Luckily, Lorna Jane knows their stuff when it comes to making girls look and feel their best. It certainly doesn’t hurt that these happen to be the brightest and most beautiful things I’ve ever seen. Each piece has a special touch that makes it feminine and fun, yet isn’t lacking in the function department. **There is currently a 20% OFF Lorna Jane discount you can grab for yourself using the promo code “SHOPLJ”.**
2. Make something healthy you’ll look forward to eating. If your “health food” is more like “bird food”, you’ll just end up eating more in the long run. Thankfully there are some really good healthy recipe options out there, like Peanut Butter Choc Fudge from the Move Over Sugar Recipe Book. You can find it on page 36 of your free copy! Yup, free. I like that there are some great sugar free recipes in there. I’m not anti-sugar at all, but it never hurts to have all kinds of options.
3. Don’t just treat yourself, treat yourself well. I’m the first person to say that you should fully celebrate the holidays, but you can also make some good choices while you’re at it. Make sure you’re getting enough sleep and drinking enough water. You won’t feel like working out if you don’t take care of your body. Basically, get those Zs and then chug some juice.
4. Make your workouts fun and you’ll be more likely to actually complete them. Run with a friend, hunt down the perfect Christmas tree with your family, go hiking or ice-skating, play in the snow, or take part in a ridiculous themed workout. You might even forget that you’re torturing your body for a minute. 😉
5. Make fitness one of your priorities. Family, friends, festive-stuff, and plenty of other “F” words should probably come first. Fitness ranks pretty high in my life, but I try to remember that it’s not the end all, be all. As long as you are doing your best, you are doing enough. Remember that, and don’t get too tripped up in all the “fitspo” stuff telling you otherwise. Oh, and if you need a healthy dose of inspiration or motivation, head on over to www.movenourishbelieve.com.
So, yeah. Those are my tips. Nothing mind-blowing or earth-shattering, but they’re real. So there’s that. Enjoy your holidays and your health this year!
What is one thing on your #HolidayFitList? What helps you stay fit during the busy holiday season? The more tips, the merrier. 🙂
Tonight (December 4th) at 5PM PST/ 8PM EST, FitApproach and Lorna Jane are hosting the #HolidayFitList Twitter Party, where the most active participant will win a $100 gift card to Lorna Jane.
If that’s not enough to get you excited, sign up to WIN a $250 Lorna Jane gift card in the #HolidayFitList sweepstakes. It ends on December 13th, so get your entries in now!
**Disclosure: This is a sponsored post on behalf of Lorna Jane and Fit Approach. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own.**