“I can’t sleep; I’m so excited about our new couch.” Those were the words Ryne spoke before bed last night. Does this mean we’re officially old? I mean, we are jacked out of our minds over a sectional sofa. This has to be some kind of turning point in our lives. A couch? What has become of us? I vaguely remember being somewhat cool at some point in the past ten years of being together. Now, not so much.
Another thing that has us stoked? Someone slept in the crib last night. There were some tears, from adults and babies alike. But we were semi-successful, so there’s that. Hopefully it keeps improving every night.
Until then, let’s discuss the dumb things I’ve done while sleep deprived. I’m sure we’ve all been there, but I need to get these things off of my chest so that I can move on with my life.
I’ve put things where they don’t belong more times than I can count. These include, but are not limited to:
- ice cream cartons in the fridge
- cereal in the fridge and milk in the pantry
- coffee grounds straight into the mug
All honest mistakes, really. I’ve also done things that have no explanation. These are the ones that make me question my sanity:
- topping Ryne’s spaghetti with salsa
- leaving an entire Costco haul in the car overnight
- trying to get hand sanitizer from the water dispenser in the fridge
- leaving the house with no shoes for both myself and Maddux
I’m sure there are more, but I can’t remember them. Because, you know, tired. Now please make me feel better and let me know what dumb stuff you’ve done when sleep is elusive.