I’m a Terrible Decision Maker

It’s no secret that I have the mental capacity of a drunk hamster. Today was just one of those days where every single one of my five brain cells called in sick.

1.) First bad decision? Not wearing this all day. Man, I was cozy in that robe. I ended up wearing real clothes to work (you’re welcome, employers), but I forgot to take a coat and I wore flats that exposed my feet to the elements. Hey, have any of y’all heard people talking about how cold it is right now? ;)

pajamas

2.) I ate a cupcake. Hold on, I know what you’re thinking. And no, I actually don’t regret the sugar, butter, or chocolate one tiny bit. I regret the radioactive red icing. When I got home from work, there was still some on my face. One of my co-workers actually told me it was there, but I totally thought I had licked it all off after that. I guess she decided that I gave it my best effort, because she didn’t tell me I didn’t even get it off. This is me not thanking everyone I talked to today for telling me about it. Note to self: look in the mirror more often.

cupcake

3.) I stopped my car to take this picture and then posted it on social media. Because everyone cares about the weather. I was that person and I’m kind of upset about it. Like one of my Instagram friends said, at least it wasn’t a picture of the weather channel. Yes, we get it. It’s cold. I feel a little bad for complaining about the “frigid” temps here when other people have like, you know, snow and ice everywhere.

sunset

4.) I took a new class at the gym today. Before you congratulate me, let me fill you in. My foot still hurts, and this was a plyometric-centered class that pretty much had me jumping around for 30 minutes. It was brutal. My friend Logan and I originally wanted to take Bodypump, but we were late. So we ended up at GRIT. Pain ensued. In all honesty, that class embarrassed me. Badly. I thought I was in decent shape, but it took about 2 minutes of HIIT to remind me that there are a million shades of fit.

grit series

This day left me looking and feeling like this:

mess

But on the plus side, I really like how the perm gives me a sweet messy ponytail. There is always a silver lining, folks.

Comments

Gah I hate it when people don’t tell me I have something on my face or in my teeth. Especially when it’s very obvious. Like spinach right in my front teeth…thanks, everyone.
    I’ve heard that GRIT is super tough, so I’ll say congrats anyway!
    One bad decision I made today. Reading blogs as soon as I got home instead of doing homework. And still reading blogs, so I have to go finish my calculus homework. Alright, bye.
    Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves recently posted..Current Simple JoysMy Profile

Hope you got your work done! haha Seriously, people just need to start coming right out and telling other folks when they look ridiculous. It would help.

Point #2 about giving your best effort made me laugh out loud. Oh Pres, how I feel your pain. I’m the one to have parsley in between my teeth and be a grinner aaaaall night to put it on display.

We did a free class. I don’t know if I’ll pay to take it. The worst part was it was smack dab in the middle of the gym so EVERYONE got to witness the freak show (me).

I let one of my students play with my hair yesterday and then I remembered he had just eaten greasy BBQ potato chips. Fun times.

My Instagram is full of pics of weather apps and I woudl much prefer pretty sky pics. I would’ve told you about the frosting on your face. I spent an entire day iwth something in my front two teeth without anyone saying anything. Jerks.
    Runner Girl Eats recently posted..WTF?! WednesdayMy Profile

It was pretty humiliating, but I survived the shame. ;) I’m pretty much down for anything, since I decided a long time ago that embarrassing things are hilarious. haha :)

If it makes you feel any better, I wore my Ugg house slippers to work yesterday and didn’t even feel bad about it. My office is in the back anyways and no one sees my feet. Except for the 10 trips I took to the front to load up on coffee. Not ashamed, if it’s going to be -1,000 degrees outside my feet will at least be warm!
    Sarah @ Sweet Miles recently posted..Easy Spinach Bacon PizzaMy Profile

I don’t even know why I bother asking my husband either. He doesn’t even look half of the time! Same with hair/outfit issues. “You look great!” Really, because you haven’t even seen me yet…

haha I never look put together. Something is always amiss.

OMG, GRIT is no joke. You should try it, though!

GRIT was pretty tough, but it must work because I’m freakishly sore today. haha and thank you! Hoping for a small miracle since the race is in 10 days! :)