1. I’ve been lying to myself about my foot pain and basically pretending that it doesn’t exist at all. I had to actually talk myself out of running today, which is weird because I usually have to talk myself into it. It’s funny how you want what you can’t have, isn’t it? I think in the end, this will serve as a great reminder that I truly do love to run. It’s easy to lose sight of that when you are trying to improve.
2. Another benefit of not being able to run is having more time for taking classes, lifting weights, and other fitnessy things that I’ve been putting on the back burner lately. I’m trying to remind myself that ultimately I work out for my life (cheesy?) not an event. Plus, I do want ginormous muscles.
3. Maddux likes to put on a show of all the facial features he knows. He’s a pro at ear, eye, mouth, nose, and tongue. We’re working on chin. It’s pretty painful because he does not understand the concept of being gentle. He will poke the mess out of your eye. This is your official warning if you play this “game” with him. Oh, and he’ll grab your tongue. It’s awkward.
4. We’re jumping straight into savings mode right now as a family for the whole “resolution” thing. I guess I do have a goal this year after all. I’m not technically counting this one, though, since it’s being unfairly forced on me. Kidding. I actually like being married to someone who is able to rein me in a bit. I put about zero forethought into things, so it’s a nice checks and balances system we’ve worked out. I make sure he doesn’t starve to death and he makes sure I don’t spend us into the poor house. BFFs. But, yeah, if you know of any good “budget cooking” sites, hook me up!
5. I go back to work tomorrow. This break sure was nice while it lasted. I’m excited to get back into a routine, but I’m extremely depressed about having to wear real clothes again. My wardrobe lately has been slightly more casual than usual. And by slightly more casual, I mean I’ve been wearing pajamas or leggings every single day. I feel like I need to wear this shirt tomorrow as an act of rebellion. I would scratch out that superfluous apostrophe first, but still.
Even though I just talked about doing things other than running, I’m actually going to take today as a total rest day. I want to use my foot as little as possible just to see if the soreness will go away on its own soon. Look at me being all responsible!
Hope y’all have a great night and wake up ready to tackle another Monday. We can get through this together. 😉