We are in the middle of full-blown sleep regression in our household. Maddux’s “schedule” is changing every single night and it’s taking its toll on me. That combined with the cold that Ryne and I keep passing back and forth has wiped me out! I am totally off my game today (as if I am ever on it), so I thought this would be the perfect day for a mind-numbingly easy survey! I can’t remember where I originally saw this lil’ food survey, but I know that Cait completed it recently. Well, here goes:
1. Favorite cereal as a child?
Holla for Cinnamon Toast Crunch and the just marshmallow bites of Lucky Charms. Seriously, take a bite of Lucky Charms without the mallows. Sucks.
2. Coffee or Tea? With milk or without?
COFFEE. Growing up, I drank a ton of sweet tea. Probably not the healthiest choice in the world, but I loved that stuff. Now I don’t function past 11 am if I don’t get a good dose of joe in the morning. I always add a splash of almond milk or cow’s milk, just depends on what is around.
3. The one food you eat most often at breakfast?
That’s probably a tie between oats and eggs, although I eat way more eggs during the summer and on the weekends. I don’t usually have time to make eggs during the week. Good thing I love oatmeal, too!
1. Sandwiches are generally considered a “lunch food.” If you had to choose between a grilled cheese and a peanut butter and jelly, which would you pick?
Definitely grilled cheese. You can make it all fancy-like by using multiple types of cheese with tomatoes and caramelized onions. Go do that right now. You won’t regret it. Don’t get me wrong, I love my PB. I just think peanut butter tastes better on apples, oatmeal, and in cookies.
2. You can only put four ingredients in your salad (not including greens); what do you throw in the mix? Additionally, which greens and dressing do you pick?
I pretty much always add tomatoes, cucumbers, feta cheese, and olives. Greens: spinach. Dressing: Annie’s Goddess Dressing or Bleu Cheese! Oh and when I’m out I always order two dressings. Always. And yes, it is worth the extra 50 cents every restaurant charges. Haters.
3. One food you can’t live without at lunch?
A fruit and/or veggie. I just feel gross if I don’t eat something fresh. Lately I’ve been loving red grapes and carrots.
1. It’s the end of the day. You’re tired, hungry, and your fridge is empty. If a fast food (from a chain) is your only option, where do you go and what do you order?
MOES. A burrito with black beans, tofu, and all the trimmings. Oh, and a huge cup of queso to “share” with Ryne.
2. TV/computer on or off while you’re eating?
Lately we’ve been eating dinner while lounging around in front of the TV. I know that’s bad. When Maddux can finally sit up with us, we’ll make it back to the table I swear.
3. The one food you eat most often at dinner?
That’s probably a tie. Pasta with a side of veggies or some kind of black bean, rice, and toppings mix. If I’m out to eat? Seafood!
1. Choose between these two American desserts: cheesecake or apple pie?
Cheesecake! Plain ol’ cheesecake is my favorite. Don’t screw it up by putting that fake cherry mess on top. I hate that stuff. Barf.
2. Choose between these two foreign desserts: tiramisu (Italy) or flan (Spain)?
Cupcakes. Oh, that wasn’t an option? Fine, tiramisu flavored cupcakes. Actually, scratch that. I just want wedding cake for dessert… all day, every day.
3. Ice cream: cone or cup?
Fro-Yo in a ginormous cup with lots of fruity toppings. I’m clearly really bad with these “this or that” surveys. Ice cream just isn’t my favorite, especially if it isn’t soft serve. Ice cream leaves a film in my mouth and I find that really gross.
So, there ya have it. A bunch of information you could have done without today. Anyway, I can’t wait for tomorrow because: 1.) It’s Friday. 2.) I leave work at 2:30 and 3.) WE ARE GOING ON VACATION! We scheduled a last minute trip to the beach for this weekend. I am so stoked! Let’s hope the beach relaxes M and helps him sleep. 🙂 Hope y’all have a great Thursday. If you’re waiting in anticipation for the weekend like I am, just remember: it’s almost here!