|October 15, 2014||Posted by Presley under Motivation, Workout|
I feel like I’ve been super busy this week, but it’s just that “fake” busy that people are always talking about. The kind where you are just rushing around doing nothing of real importance and then complaining about it to anyone who will listen. Anyway, that’s just my weird way of telling y’all that I didn’t have a post planned for yesterday and I still don’t have one today. Whoops.
I did share a post recently on the FitFluential blog, so I’ll share the image and pretend like it’s new information. This is the perfect workout for when you just aren’t all that into the game. It happens.
For a complete breakdown of the moves, head on over to the original post. I hope to have some new content pretty soon, but I appreciate your patience in the mean time. I have so many ideas for fun workouts, but I haven’t gotten off of my butt to take pictures or write them out. See y’all soon!
Question: Would you work out during the game? Let’s just say, with the way my team is playing, I need a distraction. Kidding. Sort of.
|October 13, 2014||Posted by Presley under Life, Vacation|
Another Monday is in the books, y’all. Work today was pretty uneventful, which is a really good thing when you’re surrounded by four-year-old children all day. No complaints here. I guess I should just get straight to recapping the weekend. We spent Friday and Saturday night at the beach and the weather was absolutely perfect. It felt like summer again! In my usual lazy fashion, I’m going to keep this little recap short and sweet. Two sentences per picture should do the trick.
This will be my permanent view when I strike it rich, retire after penny-pinching my entire life, or marry Oprah. I’m banking on the third option.
I sent Ryne out for breakfast and he came back with every carb on the island. This is how I know he loves me.
Only one of us is happy to be covered in sand. Hint: it’s not me.
This picture is proof that I know how to apply sunscreen. The only things I see are shorts and a hat.
Public displays of affection are proof that he’s not always embarrassed of me. Right?
Fall, meet summer. I don’t know which one of you I love more.
If you ever go to Hilton Head, eat at Skullcreek Boathouse. And order all of this.
After dinner beach walks are pretty perfect. Especially when your child poses like a boss.
I am jealous of their photo, because ours isn’t as cute. I like my shirt, though.
Ten miles on Sunday morning before riding in the car for a few hours. Because I hate my legs.
The best gas station choice I’ve ever made. Cinnamon on everything, y’all.
I wish I took more time for vacation recaps but this will have to suffice for now. Long story short, if you go to HHI: eat at Skullcreek Boathouse and Market Street Cafe, rent a condo instead of booking a hotel room, and take advantage of the miles and miles of shade on the Pathway.
Question: What was the highlight of your weekend? Mine was spending time with my family… and listening to my toddler try to say beach. It never gets old. Does that make me immature?
|October 10, 2014||Posted by Presley under Life|
Happy Friday! We are currently en route to the beach, but I figured I’d check in one last time before we arrive. I mean, my child won’t let me sing on road trips anymore so what else am I going to do in the car?
Since it’s the end of the week, it means it’s time for “Friday Favorites”. Let’s just get straight to business: my favorite things right now are cheap. No shame here.
I mentioned the other day that I’m now obsessed with a website called thredUP. I received my first order this week and I was blown away. I literally could not tell that any of the clothes were worn even once, and I got them for a steal. I can now definitely say I’ll be ordering again. In fact, I found a pair of Diane von Furstenberg Wedges marked down to 80 bucks. I think I might have to snag them. They are exactly like this pair but beige. Should I do it? Just say yes.
Our trip this weekend is 100% due to finding a deal on VRBO, or Vacation Rentals By Owner. We got a one bedroom oceanfront condo for a third of the price of our favorite hotel’s basic room package. If you’ve never planned a trip on there, I highly suggest it! It’s a little more “trouble” than booking a typical hotel room, but you get more for your money overall.
I don’t always plan on running or working out at the beach, but this weekend I really don’t have a choice. Luckily I end up enjoying it every single time I get out there. I need to get at least 9 miles in sometime over the course of the trip, so hold me to it! I’m serious. Call me out if you see me skipping it.
I’ve been really getting into doing my nails lately. I know, I’m just finally becoming a girl. Anyway, I’m starting to think I might want to shop around for a gel polish system. I found some really expensive ones and some really cheap ones. This system is in the middle price-wise, so I’m leaning toward going that route. Do any of y’all own anything like this? If so, are they worth purchasing? I feel like all I do is crowdsource right now, but I just have so many questions.
I’ve confessed my love for Skyscapes in the past, but I found this grey pair at the outlets in Orlando. I like that they go with almost anything. Well, almost anything I own. I don’t throw on cocktail dresses very often, y’all. I got them for about half price, which also makes me very happy. Apparently not everyone loves them as much as I do? I don’t care. They are like walking on freaking air.
This one is totally an honorable mention. I have two things to say about this video: 1.) yes, I make my four-year-olds do this almost every single day and 2.) yes, I do it with them because I’m a hot mess. But, seriously, you cannot be in a bad mood while trying to do all of these sweet moves. Oh, and doesn’t he look like he’s wearing grey Skyscapes? I just noticed that for the first time and now I can’t unsee it. This is my future.
Question: What was your best “deal” recently? I’m always on the hunt for a good one!
Disclosure: Some Friday Favorite posts may contain affiliate links. I seriously appreciate any and all support for Run Pretty!
|October 9, 2014||Posted by Presley under Fitness, Life|
1. I’ve been spending more time running outside lately, and I have definitely developed a fondness for certain songs. I know this is going to sound cheesy, but “power songs” totally exist. And they work. Any time “Boom Clap” comes on, I swear I can sprint like a cheetah. It’s weird for two reasons: 1.) I don’t even like the song that much and 2.) the tempo is not particularly fast. My love for this song while running will just have to go down as one of life’s little mysteries.
2. Speaking of running, I’m at the point where I’m torn between outdoors and the treadmill again. While I’ve had some beautiful runs lately, I’ve also encountered way more wildlife than usual. Apparently I’m not the only one enjoying the slightly cooler evenings and pretty sunsets.
Last night, I almost had a heart attack on three separate occasions. First, I almost smashed a toad under my shoe. Second, I almost tripped over a cute little bunny. Finally, a few feet from my house, I was attacked by a bat. Fine, attacked is a stretch but he did look like he was flying directly toward my face. I don’t know if running at dusk is my thing.
3. Sugar is another thing I go back and forth on a lot. One day I’m all “Oh em gee, Bojangles Bo Berry Biscuits!” and the next day I’m like “I’m never eating sugar again, ever!” Well, I actually never say the second one. I do randomly think about cutting back, though. I feel better overall when I limit the sweet stuff, but I’d be lying if I said it wasn’t hard for me.
I have a serious sweet tooth, which is weird because I wasn’t a huge fan of sweets growing up. Pregnancy brought on my candy addiction and I still haven’t kicked it two years later. Yeah, I’m blaming my kid for this one. Anyway, I don’t really have a plan or a goal here, I’m just rambling. Sugarrrr.
4. I love, love, love going on “dates” with my kid. He’s at the age now where we can sit and have discussions, and they are hilarious. He is turning into quite the little comedian. Sure, most of his jokes right now are about poop and boogers, but I swear they’re really funny.
5. I’ve been posting workouts with step-by-step pictures lately, and I’m having a blast putting them together. I’ve done a few based on specific equipment and a few based on certain themes, but I would love to have input on what you guys would like to see next.
If you have any suggestions for workouts you’d like to see, please let me know. I’d be more than happy to try to put them together in the future.
6. This week Ryne mentioned we should take one last beach trip this year while it’s still warm out. You don’t have to twist my arm. I think that’s my favorite thing about my husband. He’s always down for some fun. We are opposites in a lot of ways, but being spontaneous is the one thing we have in common. I dig it.
So, long story short, tomorrow after work we’re heading straight for the coast. I told Maddux where we were going today and he is so excited. I can’t wait, either! I hope to check in while we’re on the road, but I might just be back Monday. If I don’t “see” you tomorrow, have a great weekend.