Runner’s World Heartbreak Hill {Discount Codes}

Ten days later and I’ve finally gotten a workout in. I ran three miles and felt like a superhero. No big deal or anything. Kidding. I felt lucky to survive since I decided to run at 8:30 PM. That’s really late for this ol’ lady. (I may be old, but I’ll never outgrow a good #gymselfie.)

three miles

Now that I’m up and moving again, I can officially commit to a very exciting event. I have heard amazing things about Runner’s World races, and I am honored to say that I’ve been given a chance to attend the Runner’s World Heartbreak Hill Half & Festival as a part of their blogger ambassador crew.

The event takes place on the Boston College Campus with races that run through Newton, Massachusetts. The race weekend, which lasts from June 6-8th, will include seminars, live music, a keynote address by Sarah Reinertsen, a prerace dinner with Runner’s World editors, races and events for children, 5k and 10k races on Saturday, and the half marathon on Sunday. Their are also multiple-race options that include the Hat Trick (5K, 10K, and Half Marathon) or the Five & Dime (5K and 10K).

This race is a big deal for me, because well, it’s actually three races all in one weekend. Yep. I signed up for the Hat Trick. I might have gotten a little trigger happy with that one, but I do think I’m up for the challenge. I know I go back and forth about whether or not I actually enjoy training for races, and I’m still not 100% sure if it’s my favorite thing in the world. However, when you get offered the chance to run a race like this, you take it.

My game plan as of right now is to train like I normally would for a half, but then actually only “race” the 10k. I’ll use the 5k as a warm-up since it occurs immediately before it, and then on Sunday I’ll run the half for fun. Obviously, you can go ahead and start praying for me. I know there are going to be some absolutely amazing runners attending, but I’m just going to do my best to survive the whole thing.

I would love to see y’all there. Seriously. Someone has to make sure I make it over the finish, right? If helping me out isn’t incentive enough, Runner’s World is currently offering up some nice discounts. The following discount codes are good for 10% off of your registration:

blogrunprettyblog5&10 <- Five & Dime

blogrunprettyblogHalf <- Half Marathon

blogrunprettyblogHat <- Hat Trick

I’m so excited to get to run with so many of my favorite people. This weekend is seriously going to be a blast. I’m amped up just thinking about it. I better calm down, though, because I need some rest if I’m going to get into training mode again. Goodnight, y’all!

Question: Have you ever run back-to-back races? What was your game plan? Did you live to tell the tale?

Comments

1. Lauren says

Fellow southerner by birth(NC)/current Boston resident – signed up for the five and dime! Also have heard great things about this race although I’ve never run it. See you there :)

I’m one of the runners world bloggers too for this! I signed up for the hat trick as well. I don’t know if I lost my mind or what, but I’m ready for the challenge. I doubt I’ll be racing any of them so we may be doing the half for fun together :)
    Sarah @pickyrunner recently posted..CelebrationsMy Profile

So exciting!! I love running buddies, so I’ll totally run with you (if I’m not holding you up too much…)

AH I would love to do that race, and it would be the perfect time of year for me to train…. but I’m not sure if I can talk my hubby into traveling for it. I really need to get another race on the calendar… but I might need to find something closer to home to work towards. SO COOL that you signed up for the hat trick. I think your racing plan sounds totally reasonable! Good luck getting into training mode!
    Hannah recently posted..Happiness is the truthMy Profile

I would love to do this half!!! I’m already flying out from Cali to do the Brooklyn Half in May and sadly, I think my bank account can only afford one destination race this year. Maybe 2015 :) Cannot wait to hear your review!!!! 3 races in one weekend, you’re a tough cookie.

Too bad you won’t be there! It’s hard to decide what races to do each year. It’s a pretty expensive hobby. I haven’t started looking at flights yet, so I hope I can snag a good one.

5. Rose says

My Canadian hockey adoring heart loved that you said hat trick. So much I felt the need to comment on it ha.
    3 races in a weekend sounds impossible to me girl lol.. sorry no tips! I’ve never run further than 5 miles.
    I did a yoga-thon for charity and it was awesome and blissful and horrific and pain inducing :)

Maybe next year they’ll send us both! ;)

Let’s be real. This is probably my one and only go at the Hat Trick once they realize I’m a little worse than mediocre, haha)

Thats exciting! I have seen that advert in runners world, and wondered what it meant! That will be a lot of fun :)

In college, at Nationals we would race the 10k one day, have one day rest and then the 5k. It was pretty painful as allowed enough time for the soreness to set in. The 5k was usually a tactical race, but I did well and one time still PRd in both events!
    Tina Muir recently posted..Meatless Monday: Vegetable and Avocado EnchiladasMy Profile

Because you ROCK, obviously. I’m not sure when or if I’ll ever PR in anything again, but I doubt it will be during this… haha

7. Katie R says

My dad went to Boston College. It is the most beautiful campus. If I had the money to travel up there, I would say count me in!

8. Emily B says

So glad to know someone else in this! I’m signed up for the Hat Trick, and looking forward to my first “Runcation” in Boston.

I’m in NYC right now and while I have done the NYC Half and am doing the NYC Marathon, it’s not quite the same as traveling somewhere!

I am still in shock that I got chosen! I know that I made it clear that I was a huge fan of Runner’s World, their SmartCoach plans, etc… Who knows if that’s what got their attention? I wish I could be more helpful! I do hope you get to attend something of theirs, because the experience is incredible!