Just popping in quickly this morning to share a little recipe. I mentioned the other day that I was obsessed with this beautiful egg and avocado mixture. I still am, but I wanted to eat it in a slightly different form. After all, I’d seem pretty insane if I ate the same exact thing for dinner every single night. Okay, fine. I did that. But two weeks in a row would just be ridiculous.
I’ve also been wanting to try these little tubes of awesome.
I check them out every time I go to the grocery store, but I always end up buying fresh herbs instead. And then I take a pinch here and there of said herbs until they turn into mush inside the drawer. I’m so glad I finally bit the bullet and shelled out the cash for a few tubes. They really are delicious! To find out just how delicious they are, though, I needed to put them to the test in a recipe.
Enter Mexican Deviled Eggs.
I still get to eat my beloved mixture, with a few changes of course. Now it’s just a little more presentable. They’re also really good for you. Protein and healthy fats. Score.
MEXICAN DEVILED EGGS
Ingredients (makes 12 deviled eggs):
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- 1 very ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 tablespoon pickled jalapenos
- 1 teaspoon cilantro paste
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- pinch of salt
- Slice each boiled egg in half and remove the yolk. Set egg white halves aside on your serving dish.
- Place yolks, avocado, jalapenos, cilantro, cayenne pepper, and salt in your food process. Blend until very smooth.
- Fill the egg white halves with the blended egg mixture. If you want to be all fancy-like, pipe it in with a pasty bag and any star tip.
- Sprinkle each deviled egg with an extra bit of cayenne. (optional)
Now I’ve gotta run! I’m swamped at work. I have a few things I need to get turned in, so I’m going to be pretty busy this week. I hope to still get my posts in, but we’ll see!
Question: Do you have a favorite deviled egg recipe? Seriously HOOK ME UP. I love eggs. A lot.