This was originally titled “Friday Facts”. Clearly, I didn’t get around to posting it. Life has been pretty hectic around here lately, so how about I just hit y’all up with some truth?
1. With the school year quickly approaching, I’ve been spending more time in my classroom. More time at school means more school snacks. This is good and bad. One the one hand, I spend a lot more money on single-serving convenience foods. On the other hand, I have an excuse to buy these foods. I’ll take it.
2. I ran my first (almost) 9-minute mile! It feels good to be making progress, especially since I haven’t been running as much as I should. We went through a rough patch recently when it comes to sleep. I’m happy to report, though, that all it took was a nightly bottle of pumped milk before bed. We are now getting a solid few hours at the beginning of each night. So much better! Tomorrow I will workout.
3. Speaking of working out, I’m cleared completely by my doctor. Bring on the planks and crunches! Also, we are headed to the beach this Saturday and I don’t want to scare any small children. (No, that’s not a lumpy whale! That’s just a new mom. ;)) I actually bought a one-piece bathing suit. I’m just not physically (or mentally) ready for a bikini! There is no picture to go along with this statement. You’re welcome.
4. We have some local pranksters. Soap in the fountain? How predictable. Try to impress me next time, dudes!
5. I have spent an inordinate amount of time and money on eBay lately. I’m on a mission to buy all of the elementary-aged children’s books. Don’t even try to outbid me.
6. Babywearing. It’s where it’s at. Why did I not start doing this sooner? He passes out immediately and I can get my work done. I’m thinking about running on the treadmill with it. Joking. Kind of.
7. My little man is wearing big boy clothes. When did this happen? How do I make it stop? Now I can’t wait to take him shopping! 🙂
8. Just wanted to make another statement so that it didn’t end on seven. I like even numbers best.
Hope y’all have a great start to the week tomorrow! I have my first grade level meeting of the year to get to. I cannot believe I’ll be going back to work soon. Bring on the tears! 😉