1. I’ve been spending more time running outside lately, and I have definitely developed a fondness for certain songs. I know this is going to sound cheesy, but “power songs” totally exist. And they work. Any time “Boom Clap” comes on, I swear I can sprint like a cheetah. It’s weird for two reasons: 1.) I don’t even like the song that much and 2.) the tempo is not particularly fast. My love for this song while running will just have to go down as one of life’s little mysteries.
2. Speaking of running, I’m at the point where I’m torn between outdoors and the treadmill again. While I’ve had some beautiful runs lately, I’ve also encountered way more wildlife than usual. Apparently I’m not the only one enjoying the slightly cooler evenings and pretty sunsets.
Last night, I almost had a heart attack on three separate occasions. First, I almost smashed a toad under my shoe. Second, I almost tripped over a cute little bunny. Finally, a few feet from my house, I was attacked by a bat. Fine, attacked is a stretch but he did look like he was flying directly toward my face. I don’t know if running at dusk is my thing.
3. Sugar is another thing I go back and forth on a lot. One day I’m all “Oh em gee, Bojangles Bo Berry Biscuits!” and the next day I’m like “I’m never eating sugar again, ever!” Well, I actually never say the second one. I do randomly think about cutting back, though. I feel better overall when I limit the sweet stuff, but I’d be lying if I said it wasn’t hard for me.
I have a serious sweet tooth, which is weird because I wasn’t a huge fan of sweets growing up. Pregnancy brought on my candy addiction and I still haven’t kicked it two years later. Yeah, I’m blaming my kid for this one. Anyway, I don’t really have a plan or a goal here, I’m just rambling. Sugarrrr.
4. I love, love, love going on “dates” with my kid. He’s at the age now where we can sit and have discussions, and they are hilarious. He is turning into quite the little comedian. Sure, most of his jokes right now are about poop and boogers, but I swear they’re really funny. 😉
5. I’ve been posting workouts with step-by-step pictures lately, and I’m having a blast putting them together. I’ve done a few based on specific equipment and a few based on certain themes, but I would love to have input on what you guys would like to see next.
If you have any suggestions for workouts you’d like to see, please let me know. I’d be more than happy to try to put them together in the future.
6. This week Ryne mentioned we should take one last beach trip this year while it’s still warm out. You don’t have to twist my arm. I think that’s my favorite thing about my husband. He’s always down for some fun. We are opposites in a lot of ways, but being spontaneous is the one thing we have in common. I dig it.
So, long story short, tomorrow after work we’re heading straight for the coast. I told Maddux where we were going today and he is so excited. I can’t wait, either! I hope to check in while we’re on the road, but I might just be back Monday. If I don’t “see” you tomorrow, have a great weekend. 🙂