I feel like I never get to speak to anyone over the age of three, so I decided to pop in this evening and empty my brain a little. Luckily for you, that means this will be a really short post. There’s not much going on up there these days, okay? So pull up a chair, grab a drink, and let’s chat. Or you could just let me ramble. That works for me.
1. I finally did something I’ve been meaning to do for a while. I turned off all of my personal social notifications from my phone. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Gmail, you name it. All of them are indefinitely in the “off” position. I noticed that I would get totally sidetracked over something as simple as a friend request popping up. Pretty soon I could tell you what the girl who sat beside me once in English 101 had for dinner last night. It had to stop, y’all.
2. Evenings are a complicated dance right now, specifically when it comes to food. First, I have to feed the baby. There’s no making that one wait, but at least I know what he’s having. Then, I have to make food for Maddux, Ryne, and myself. Unless we’re having pizza or rice bowls, we all want different things. It’s nuts! The toddler requests snack plates, the husband wants meat, and I just want to hide in a closet eating custard-filler Krispy Kremes. We’ll find common ground in the kitchen eventually, I’m sure. Until then, it might just have to be every man for himself.
3. Now that I’m finally ready to start working out a little, it seems like I never actually have any time. I am definitely out of practice when it comes to squeezing in quick workouts. I might have to fall back on old faithful: fitness DVDs. Let me know if there are any new ones I should be trying!
4. I don’t know why it feels like I never have time to work out, because I’m certainly not spending time accomplishing much else. Unless you count teaching my 6 week old how to take selfies as a worthwhile endeavor. Actually, yeah. That’s a pretty legit way to spend time.
5. I have started getting out of the house with the baby a lot more often, but I have yet to attempt a solo outing with both boys. I am a freaking wuss and I know it. I know it will have to happen one way or another pretty soon, but I have equated it with climbing Everest in my head. I probably just need to rip the bandaid off with the hardest possible trip: the grocery store. When it happens, I’m sure I will cave and buy all the treats for the big kid if he doesn’t cause a scene. Worst parenting ever.
6. On Monday, Starbucks Frappuccinos were half off. I obviously had to order three different kinds. Strawberry, Cinnamon Roll, and Birthday Cake made the cut. You guys. If you like cinnamon you must get that one. Right now. I wish I had taken a picture to share, but I was too busy chugging it. And if you’re feeling adventurous, order something else from StarbucksSecretMenu.com. I’m not even going to admit how long I’ve spent on that website. In my defense, a girl’s gotta do something when she’s wide awake at 3 am.
I was going to keep on trucking, but the kids are going to bed so I should try to do the same. See y’all soon!