I blinked and two weeks passed since I logged on last. I’m not even really sure why or how that happened, but I’m going to just go ahead and blame some sort of time travel scenario. Seems feasible. Anyway, I’m still pressed for time but I wanted to talk to myself on the internet. So here I am.
- Two weekends ago, I headed to Hilton Head with Maddux and Hudson, my parents, my sister, and my cousin. Ryne stayed home. I’m sure he was so sad to be able to eat and sleep whenever he wanted. He did miss out on some neon blue, overpriced virgin drinks, so the joke is on him. We know how to party.
- This past weekend, I wanted to know what it felt like to sleep through the night. In a totally unselfish move, I planned for Ryne’s birthday celebration to be out of town without the kids. We drove to Charleston on Saturday, went to dinner, and then headed to the Chris Stapleton concert. Then, like idiots, when went back out on the town instead of sleeping. Dumb move. Really dumb move.
- In between our trips, it seems like everyone has taken turns being sick. Maddux’s sore throat lasted forever, I got hit hard with mastitis, and every single one of us took turns forgetting how to breathe due to some mysterious new pollen. I’m not trying to brag or anything now, but it’s been almost 48 hours of everyone feeling good again.
- I’ve come to the realization that I can never again outsmart my three-year-old. The other day I told him that I never wanted him to grow up and that he needed to stay my baby forever. He said, “Well I better not eat my vegetables then, Mama.” Touché. Tou-freaking-ché. It almost felt like he was waiting to make that case.
- We’ve also been discussing his fourth birthday party pretty frequently recently. He wants: a Mickey Mouse – bounce house – swimming pool – Ninja Turtle – water balloon fight – Lego – train – Chick-fil-A party. That’s doable, right? I’m considering waking him up that day, telling him he slept through the whole thing, and explaining that it was fantastic.
- Now that I think about it, Maddux did work really hard to throw a party for Ryne. Bless his little heart. He worked for a solid two hours decorating and planning. When Ryne got home, I had to make him wait in the garage while Maddux finished cutting out the last decoration for the walls. Kids are the best. I guess I won’t trick him into thinking he has some sort of sleep issue after all.
- You know what I’ve been sleeping through? My workouts. And not, like, that I’ve been slacking off during them. More like I’ve literally been lying in bed when I should be doing them. I’ve worked out three times this entire month. It’s the 26th. I’m so ashamed. Sort of. I’m also just kind of “meh” about it. I’ll get back into it sooner or later.
- If you’re also skipping things you should be doing, fret not. I have some time killers for you, because I’m an enabler. Go enter some easy peasy giveaways. This one and this one only take a quick comment. You could do it in your sleep, which makes them right up my alley.
I am running low on thoughts and brain power, so we’ll just leave it at that. Have a great night!