The following post is sponsored by FitFluential LLC on behalf of PUMA.
Happy Thursday! We’re currently making our way down to Daytona as I type this up. I figured I might as well do something semi-productive instead of annoying my family like I have been so far. Apparently, people don’t like it when you sing Disney a capella for hours at a time. Haters. Time for some Thursday thoughts!
2. We’ve already watched Frozen twice: once last night and once today. At this point, I feel like I could put on a one-woman Frozen show. I know the whole daggum thing. I bet most of you other parents are in the same boat. I’d say that I’m annoyed, but at least I have an entertained toddler. Totally worth it.
3. Speaking of my toddler, I’m a little scared to go on a two-family trip. I mean, no one wants to have the “bad kid” out of the group. Obviously, it would be awesome if they all behaved but c’mon. Someone’s going to act up and I don’t want to be the one saying “He’s neverrrrr like this, I swear!” over and over again all weekend. And does this look like the face of a kid who’s going to be on his Ps and Qs? I think not. 😉
4. For some reason, I actually really want to get in some good runs on this trip. Normally I say that and then do almost nothing. This time, though, I really mean it. I have that whole Hat Trick thing coming up and I really don’t want to have to be scraped off of the street when my legs stop working after the 10k. For real. Having said that, I only ran a mile this morning. Yep. A single mile. I am so screwed.
5. Another reason I’m excited to work out is NEW GEAR. I was lucky enough to be able to try out two PUMA looks, one from their performance line and one from their fashion comfort line. I like them both so much that I couldn’t even choose between the two if I had to do it. Real talk.
First up was the fashion comfort look, which is easily my new favorite lounging around or running errands outfit.
- Gym Loose Tank Top: Fair warning, this top is pretty see-through. That being said, I think it hides enough flaws to be totally wearable. Just wanted to be honest. The loose fit makes it absolutely for layering, though, so you can add a pop of color under it if you wanted more coverage. The wicking finish makes sure your sweat doesn’t stay on your skin, so that’s pretty awesome. While this tank is paired with sweatpants for this outfit, it would also work perfectly for even your toughest, sweatiest workout. Promise.
- Studio Capsule Pants: Y’all, I thought I was going to hate these with a fiery passion. Then I put them on. Now, I dare someone to try to take them from me. They are crazy comfortable, which means I’m obsessed and will for sure buy another pair in the future. These are also made with dryCELL technology, so they’ll wick away sweat if you wear them before, after, or during your workout.
- Narita V2 Shoes: These shoes are fashionable and fast. I love that I can wear them around town and then head out on a sprint interval run right when I get home. They are lightweight and breathable, yet provide enough cushion to support my tired, achy feet running around all day. Can’t beat that.
The next look is all about performance, but it’s still fashionably and comfortable if I do say so myself. Excuse my nerdy posing, y’all.
- Gym Tank 3: While this tank is pretty fitted, it’s also very flattering and smoothing. It’s thick enough to even out all my lumps and bumps, you know? I wore it while running all over the park and it didn’t ride up or make me feel self-conscious like some super fitted tanks do. It’s make with LYCRA® SPORT yarn, which provides recovery power, fit, and freedom of movement. It has mesh inserts to keep you cool and a built in bra to keep you from sagging. What? Truth.
- Gym ¾ Tight: This is my first pair of patterned running capris and I doubt it will be my last. I always thought black = slimming, but I’m digging the extra excitement that comes along with a good print. They felt thick enough to hold me in at all the right points yet thin enough to keep me cool during a workout. The only thing I’ll say about PUMA tights, is that I tend to have to go a size down if I want them really tight, so I try to keep that in mind when ordering them.
- Mobium XT: I’ve tried a different pair of Mobium shoes in the past, and I have similar thoughts on this pair: I like them a lot, but they do take some getting used to when you run in them. They kind of have a “bump” in them that cradles your arch like a baby. That’s a weird way to explain it, but you get my point. Once you get used to it, they are awesome. They are also very fitted, which I like when I’m trying to run “fast”. They have great grip, are pretty adjustable thanks to the Mobium bands, and they’re really freaking pretty. That’s always a plus.
Sorry for all the awkward back shots, but the backs of the tanks are the best parts! Of all of the stuff I’ve tried, my favorites are the performance tank, the capsule pants, and the Narita shoes. I highly recommend each of those.
Right now we’re settling into the hotel trying to figure out what to grab for dinner. Eating out three times in one day is pretty amazing, y’all. I mean, no dishes! I could get used to this. 😉
Question: what is your go to pair of sweatpants? I clearly ask the tough questions around here.