Today I had a minute to hop on the computer just for fun, so I decided to write down my thoughts and share them with the world. Because that’s totally normal, right? I mean, it was either that or start re-watching the Mindy Project from the beginning. Trust me, that was a very close second.
1. I have passed down all of my worst traits to my firstborn child. We are both bossy, always in need of attention, never wrong, and borderline obsessive-compulsive. On the plus side, he makes killer Lego shapes. Notice the symmetry. And yes, he was livid that he didn’t have the “right colors” to make each side match perfectly. Welcome to my world, kid.
2. One thing that I do truly appreciate about Maddux is his ability to eat snack plates all day, every day. Cooking dinner is not my favorite activity right now, so this is a huge win. But, really, who doesn’t like snack plates? It’s like being at a party every time you sit down to eat.
3. I like to text Ryne play-by-plays of our days, and I’m sure he totally appreciates it. I haven’t gone back into the office full-time yet, so I need some adult interaction. Literally everything I send him about Hudson, he acts as if we’re talking about me.
4. Seriously, Ryne is turning into the stereotypical dad with his dorky jokes. He also finds the most ridiculous ways to make Maddux laugh, like hiding Easter eggs in and around the baby’s pants. I swear my kids have no chance in being normal.
5. We make new sweets every week, thanks to Maddux’s obsession with cooking and baking. For Easter, he made birthday cake fudge, otherwise known as one big sugar bomb. Be right back, I’m off to Google “healthy dessert recipes for kids”.
6. Next week is my favorite week of the year, you guys. It’s Masters time! We’ve taken Maddux every year, so I hope to continue the tradition with Hudson. Cross your fingers we get some good pictures in the National. I need some framers up in this house.
7. I have a very serious question for you. Answer honestly. (For what it’s worth, I like taco salads with the hard taco shells broken up on top. Why eat a small, basic taco when you can shovel the ingredients into your mouth all at once like a lady?)
8. When Ryne leaves me notes in the morning, he only ever leaves them one place: right next to the coffee maker. He knows it’s the one place I will definitely visit. I won’t tell you if this is a love letter or a tyrannical to-do list. Could be either, really.
Well, I better go get ready. Ryne and I are heading out to a work event. With drinks. ON A WEEKNIGHT. I may even wash my hair and put on makeup. I know, we are so wild. Have a great night, y’all!