And, just like that, it’s Thursday. Instead of mentioning how sad I am that I’m not blogging much or making excuses about why I haven’t started up again, I’ll just move on to the few random thoughts I’ve had lately. Trust me, this will be short.
- I am having a hard time dealing with the fact that I have a four-year-old and a five-month-old. When did this happen? I mean, I know when it literally happened: the 28th of June. But what I can’t understand is how it happened so quickly. Someone please come hold me, because I simply cannot handle it.
- Speaking of the boys, they have been having a blast on this vacation. Maddux’s love for the water has grown exponentially over the past week and a half. I think he’s spent more time in the pool than he has out of it. Hudson even got to get in the water – his first time ever. I may have had a small panic attack, because I am a helicopter mom.
- While we’re on the topic of swimming, I have something to admit. I am freaking terrified of practically all bodies of water, y’all. I can’t remember the last time I got in any deeper than my ankles in anything that wasn’t ph-balanced and chlorinated. That’s why it’s huge that I forced myself onto this rock. We won’t discuss how I clung to it for dear life.
- I celebrated my success with one of my new favorite drinks. Evolution Fresh recently sent me a Starbucks gift card so that I could test out their Organic Strawberry Lemonade. You guys. It’s really, really good. I chugged one while everyone else took turns jumping off of the bridge, because I don’t have a death wish.
- The lemonade is also the perfect base for a cocktail. Seriously, have you ever sipped on something and thought, “hmm, this would taste great with some alcohol”? No? Just me? Anyway, I just tossed some ice, the Strawberry Lemonade, and vodka into the blender. Boom. A delicious “grown up” slush. I added a sugar rim and a tacky plastic cup, because it is vacation after all.
- One last thing – I haven’t gone for a run since I totally bragged about how much I was running. Fail boat for life, y’all.