This is a sponsored post for SheSpeaks/UNT Skincare.
I feel like talking tonight. I sat in a waiting room for two hours staring at a wall, so I need to express myself a little bit. No big deal.
1. Busy weekends are both a blessing and a curse. We have been traveling lately, and that means we’ve been having a lot of fun. It also means that all of my housework gets backed up, and Ryne and I spend equal time trying to fight the mess and ignore it. Dirty laundry will just disappear if you hide it from sight, you guys. Do not correct me on that. It’s the only way I’m surviving at this point. Oh, and seeing this cute face enjoying all of his little adventures. That definitely doesn’t hurt.
2. I’m still enjoying trying new makeup and skincare products from UNT. This week I tried the PORE MINISSIMA Super Anti-Shine Oil Control Serum. I’m in the stage of pregnancy where my hormones give me a special glow. And by special glow, I mean a greasy looking forehead. It’s attractive. This product has helped a ton. The best part is that it is formulated specifically for people with sensitive or acne-prone skin, which I can totally appreciate right now. Head over to the UNT Website to learn more about the products they offer. You can save 10% sitewide with the code UNT10OFF. The code is valid until 10/31, so you have some time to choose your favorite things. Make sure you also find and like them on Facebook to receive information on giveaways and sampling programs.
3. My whole Invisalign journey is officially starting, and I am super excited about it. I got my pendulum removed a few weeks ago, which makes the aligners feel like nothing at all to deal with. The only thing that sort of sucks is that I’ll need about a million attachments. If you’re not into the Invisalign lingo, it just means little bumps on my teeth to help the aligners push and pull them in the correct direction. I always look for the silver lining, though, and here it is: none of them will be on my front teeth. Score.
4. Friends who share their money-saving secrets are the best of friends. I found a new-to-me app obsession thanks to my friend Madeline. Ibotta is basically a dream come true for me because I always forget to take my coupons to the store. It’s a way to get cash back on your purchases afterwards, which means it’s okay that you’ve forgotten that free yogurt coupon for the 50th time in a row. If you feel like signing up, you can use my referral code (asnedmc) to earn a bonus after your first rebate redemption. Pretty cool stuff. I’m going to trade my money in for Starbucks gift cards, but you can also get it sent to PayPal. See? Who even needs coupons?
5. I spend too much money on books, but I think it’s okay. There are worse things to blow money on, right? Maybe? Anyway, I need a new waiting room book suggestion. I read Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? and died laughing about a dozen times. Then I read You Before Me and cried like a baby. I need some suggestions for a book to read next. Maybe one with a self-improvement type vibe? I could probably use it, if I’m being honest. If you have any suggestions, let me know.
6. I try not to let it bother me, but I am a champion at gaining weight while pregnant. It can be hard when you see people at the exact same stage of pregnancy as you and they are literally all baby bump. I swear to you that when I get pregnant, I get pregnant everywhere. Nothing is off limits. I’m watching my thighs expand with ever increasing awe. It’s not like I’m sitting around eating bonbons all day, y’all. Well, not every day. And they aren’t bonbons, they’re cheese fries. This ramble has no point except for some solidarity with my similarly expanding sisters out there.
7. While we’re on the subject of my weight gain, let’s talk food. I’m 99% sure I’m going to turn into a salad if I’m not careful. And I don’t mean a wimpy little plate of lettuce. Right now I’m digging buffalo shrimp salads and taco salads. I feel like since I want buffalo or cheese covered everything, the least I can do is plate it over some leaves. I’d also like to stress that both types of salads taste 1,000 times better when I eat them on the couch while watching HGTV. It’s just a fact.
8. Yeah, I still want to talk about food. I swear I’m not craving many sweets at all, which is weird. The one exception is cookies from the mall. Maddux thinks we go get them for him, but it is just as much for me. Being a mom is easy when you have all of the same interests and needs as your child, y’all.
Now an extremely important question for you: sugar cookie or chocolate chip? Inquiring minds want to know.