Lately, I’ve had a lot of random things on my mind. Mind if I just list them out in bullet form for you? Okay, here goes.
- Being a fit, working mom is like having the flu. My body aches from working out, my head hurts from lack of sleep, and I’m tired from teaching my third graders all day. At this point, if I actually got sick I wouldn’t notice a difference!
- I probably sound like I’m complaining, but I wouldn’t change a thing about my life right now.
- I’m 99% sure I smell like sour milk half of the time I’m in public. Spit up smells progressively worse throughout the day. I hope you aren’t eating when you read this.
- Pedicures were invented to make life worth living. Well, that and babies. Babies make life great, too. But if you have a baby, you probably deserve a pedicure. Yep, you do.
- People do not understand the concept of a “snack”. Last year, one of my students brought in an uncooked package of Ramen noodles and a cold can of boiled peanuts. This year I’ve had someone bring in a Hot Pocket and leftovers from dinner. What is wrong with grapes, crackers, etc? I’m at a loss for words here.
- I wore some of my “real” jeans for the first time recently. It’s amazing how not wearing clothes with a huge elastic flap on them can change your whole perspective. I feel like my regular, old self now. I’m so much more uncomfortable (hello, elastic is awesome and I will miss it), but I don’t feel like I’m walking around in pajama jeans anymore either.
- If you ask me how you make time for a workout, I will tell you that you just do. It can be done. Even if it’s just ten minutes, do something. On that same note, take a break when you need to. You deserve it.
- Third grade math is so much harder than it was when I was in school. These kids have to work really hard. I feel for them! I just hope I am getting through to them at least half of the time.
- I am willing to give up almost anything except for coffee right now. I just need it. The first step to getting help is admitting you have a problem, right?
- You know that game you play when you are little where you hold your arms in a doorway for a while and then they float up after a while? I feel like that right now because of this workout:
- I’m going to keep posting these “Tone in Ten” workouts, because I really only ever have about ten minutes to lift if I also want to run. They are pretty efficient, though. Meaning I usually end up crying.
- Maddux went from sleeping 6 hours at a time back to 2 or 3. I wonder if it’s a growth spurt, belly aches, or teething. Babies are a mystery I’ll never figure out.
- I’m really lucky that y’all are putting up with me through this whole “transition” phase. I’m trying to really get back into working out and cooking for my family. I’m slowly getting there, but I’m just so ready for this blog to focus on more than me whining about being tired and out of shape. 😉
What is one random thing that has been on your mind recently? Seriously, you will not shock me. 🙂