This week seems to be going a little slower than usual. I’m clearly still a kid and having trouble waiting patiently for Halloween. I just want to dress up and eat candy, y’all. Is that such a crime? Anyway, I don’t have a real post planned for today. Rambling instead of coming up with an actual idea sounds like way more fun.
1. My friend Heather posted a BuzzFeed article on my Facebook and said I was in it. I immediately got the nervous sweats because 99 percent of the time they don’t paint the most flattering picture of people. I was sure I was getting made fun of, because I basically make it way too easy to do so. Luckily they just posted this staged picture instead. Crisis averted. I feel like I owe them a Christmas gift or something now, because there are millions of awful pictures of me to be found. That’s my internet win of the day.
2. Remember when I said I was going to buy some Diane von Furstenburg wedges on ThredUP? Well, I bought a jacket instead. I’m mildly obsessed with it and want to wear it every day. Of course the weather has been in the upper 80s all week just to spite me. Knowing my luck, it will jump straight to big, puffy jacket temperatures next. C’mon, Mother Nature. Hook me up.
3. Maddux painted this pumpkin at school the other day, with some apparent help with the stem. I think he pretty much #NailedIt.
4. He also rocks at putting shorts on all by himself. If I hear “no, me do” one more time, I’m going to lose it. I find it hilarious that he doesn’t see his weaknesses and just assumes he’s great at everything. I’m almost jealous of that kind of blind self-esteem, you know?
5. Yesterday we celebrated some awesome news with some awesomely sugared-up drinks. I’ll share the details soon, I promise. Until then, let’s just all laugh at the fact that I wasn’t the one who made these girly concoctions.
Now I’m going to sit here and decide if I want to work out or not. It’s been ages since I’ve lifted a weight, so I feel like I’m due for a trip into the gym. Eh. We’ll see how that goes. Hope y’all have a great night!