Happy Wednesday, y’all! I’ve been pretty busy lately, so I haven’t documented much of anything in the past few weeks. I don’t have much to share when it comes to pictures, but I do have a quick little recipe! It’s not healthy, but sometimes you just need a little boxed cake goodness in your life. PS: this post was almost titled “How to Not Lose the Baby Weight”. 😉 As always, thanks to Jenn for hosting the link up. Click the following picture to join in!
The other day on Pinterest, I stumbled upon a recipe for Banana Pudding Poke Cake. I love all things poke cake, so I started brainstorming some new flavors. Somehow I landed on Tuxedo Cake. Works for me! I don’t know why it popped into my head, but I’m sure glad it did.
TUXEDO POKE CAKE
- 1 box white cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 boxes white chocolate instant pudding
- 4 cups milk
- 1 tub Cool Whip
- handful of chocolate/white chocolate chips
- Prepare cake mix as directed on the box. Poor 1/3 of the batter in a separate bowl and mix in two tablespoons of cocoa powder.
- Swirl batters together into a greased 9×13 cake pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
- Poke holes into the cake using a dowel, straw, or your finger if you get desperate. 😉
- Mix together the two boxes of pudding mix and four cups of cold milk. Let it “set” for a minute or two before pouring over the cake.
- Chill the cake before topping with Cool Whip, sprinkling on the chips, and stuffing your face.
And there ya have it. Easy peasy. Now I have to head into work. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel… it’s almost the weekend! Do y’all have any easy, healthy recipes to share? I need to balance out all the cake I just devoured!